PVC-U Sewage Pipe
PVC-U Sewage Pipe
Description of PVC-U Sewage Pipe
PVC-U sewage pipe and fittings are manufactured in strict accordance with ISO3633:2002 and BS2522/4514. We supply complete sets of PVC-U sewage pipe and fittings which adopt solvent cement jointing.
Based on the high quality and with our many years experience of supplying PVC-U drain pipe and fittings, our products are widely sold all over the country and to the southeast Asia in various building drainage projects.
Feature of PVC-U Sewage Pipe
PVC-U is a rigid unplasticized material with good surface rigidity and tensile resistance, as well as high compressive rating and pipe safety factor.
- Good aging resistance with normal lifetime up to 50 years;
- Good chemical resistance to acids, alkalis and salts, suitable for sewage and industrial effluent disposal;
- Low coefficient of friction of PVC-U pipe results in efficient flow and less needs for maintenance;
- A combustion-proof material at grade B2 with high oxygen value, self extinguishing;
- The Coefficient of linear expansion is 0.007mm/m.℃, thermal expansion of PVC-U pipe is less than polyolefin by 100%-130%, low thermal conductivity and elastic modulus, better cold-resistance than cast iron sewage pipe;
- Solvent cement jointing of pipe and fittings are easy to handle and install.
Jointing of PVC-U Sewage Pipe
The following procedures should be adhered when making socket-spigot jointing:
- Clean the external surface of spigot and internal surface of socket before jointing.
- Measure the depth of socket, and make the spigot at the distance equivalent to the depth of the socket.
- Apply solvent cement, first spread to the internal surface of the socket, then to the pipe end evenly and in adequate quantity.
- Push the pipe into the socket till reaching the mark, and then rotate it by 90°.
- Remove all excess solvent cement around the joint.
- The joint should be left undisturbed until it becomes solid.
Cautions on the use of solvent cement:
- Unpacked solvent cement and cleaning fluid should be used immediately and only by designated people.
- There should be no flame near joint, and ensure adequate ventilation.
- Bonding should not take place under -10°, and the joint should not be warmed by fire.
Application of PVC-U Sewage Pipe
- Internal and external discharge piping are widely used for industrial and civil high building;
- The continuous sewerage discharge temperature should not exceed 40℃, and the instantaneous sewerage discharge temperature should not exceed 80℃;
Cutting and Chamfering of PVC-U Sewage Pipe
- The cutting length should be determined by measurement and according to the dimensions of fittings;
- Use fine tooth panel saw, cutter and pipe cutting machine;
- The cut should be square without any distortion;
- The outside edge of the pipe end should be chamfered to 15°-30°using medium grade file;
- The chamfer length is generally not less than 3mm, and the chamfer thickness is 1/3-1/3 of wall thickness;
- Remove scrap after chamfering.
Protection of Socket and Spigot
- After jointing, remove excess adhesive by using cleaning agent such as acetone;
- Wait till the bond cure according to the adhesive behavior and the circumstance condition;
- In winter, the cure time should be adequately prolonged.